msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR standards / NASAR MSAR Practical standards

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: tm'-fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR standards / NASAR MSAR Practical standards
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 13:26:11 -0400

David C. Kovar wrote:
Everyone involved in this discussion might want to look at the following
document:

http://www.nasar.org/images/2004BoardObjectivesWebsiteVersion.pdf

It is the President's Objectives for 2004, posted on the NASAR web site on
March 31st, 2004.  The entire document is worth reading.

David,

That was a very interested letter!  It appears the current NASAR President is a very level headed and realistic type person.  I found it interesting that some of the topics that he addressed to his Board, were some what similar as those address here in MSAR-Riders that were asked of the NASAR-MSAR committee.  At least the MSAR community is not the only one wondering about the direction of our public service mission.  Should NASAR remove themselves from the writing of standards and focus on the development of criteria, at least they're in a position to submit their version of minimum MSAR standards.

It will be very interesting to see where NASAR's growing pains will take them.  It seems that many of their member are going in different directions.  For their sake, I hope they can collectively agree on their organizational objectives.

Tomi'
TROT-SAR
State of Maryland