msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] what to have in pack- and another question...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] what to have in pack- and another question...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 13:45:28 -0700

Lauri wrote:
>they have a harness rigged that sends a constant signal back to
>the ommand computer from the GPS unit.

Sounds like you are using APRS trackers. Which are a ham radio
that transmits a GPS's coordinates to a base station linked to a
computer. I mentioned these briefly on MSAR-Riders; look for
"Packet radio" in the archive for 2003 Q1:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/msar-riders/2003q1/thread.html

Yes, please do provide some more technical details about your
real time team mapping support, and about your radios. We can
all learn more.

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico