msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] what to have in pack- and another question...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "L. S." <obsar1864@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] what to have in pack- and another question...
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:34:44 -0600

You don't mention items I consider essential: magnetic compass and a clock (a watch, or your cell phone or GPS).

There's a good reason I didn't mention the above...(sheepish look here) My compass, whistle, watch, and comm. band radio, cell phone are not IN my pack... they're attached directly to me. So I don't consider them as part of my "pack"....

GPS we have 1 unit per team out, unless someone has a personal unit. That unit is linked to the command computer so they can track each team's progress, without clogging radio traffic.

Lauri

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max! http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-us&page=byoa/plus&ST=1