msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] LUCK! orange vests!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Pennington-Boggio's" <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] LUCK! orange vests!
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 23:15:47 -0800

I'm not familiar with the manufacturer, but they do have a couple of vests
that I'd consider as possibilities. Not one that just jumps out at me with
everything I'd want, but a couple of them come much closer than anything I'd
seen so far. Thanks for the links!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Yeah, my response exactly. There are a few that are distinct possibilities. I wish I could see a sample one before I have to order a bunch! Maybe we could identify the ones we are interested in and each buy one- then we could share what we think! <G>  Our reasons for vests are the same as yours. Sometimes we start at the valley floor and 75 degrees. By the time we are at 8000feet that temp has cooled considerably. And sometimes we start at the valley floor and drop down into the desert valleys and those temps climb rapidly and uncomfortably! Add to those considerations the different body types, conditioning, and comfort levels of all your members and no uniform shirt is going to be ideal. We are keeping our uniform shirt too. Nice for the public service types of events we are involved in.

By the way- I followed some more links that the same search turned up and the vast majority of them linked right back to HiVis. I did find a couple of other potential vests- one was nice but $79! I'll send those too if you are interested!

Chris