msar-riders - [MSAR] Recommend book about SAR mission

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "wwfarm" <wwfarm@wiktel.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Recommend book about SAR mission
  • Date: Sun Jan 5 19:26:00 2003

To MSAR Group

I would like  to tell you about a book that should be on the recommended reading list of everyone involved in SAR.  Its title is The Search for Haley by Tim Ernst.  It is the story of the largest search mission in Arkansas history for a six year old girl that took place in the year 2000.  The book tells of the trials, tributes, and tears shared by all involved in the search.  There is a lot to be learned as they tell about the  problems, failures, and successes of the search .  With the use of maps and details the author makes you feel like you were there.  The search comes to a happy ending as two mounted volunteers become heroes when they find the small girl. This book reminds us why we all sacrifice to be of service to our communities.  It will make you proud to be involved with SAR.  More imformation on the book can be found at http://www.cloudland.net/
Member of Minnesotas Marshall and Polk Countys Mounted Sheriffs Posses - Terry Nowacki

  • [MSAR] Recommend book about SAR mission, wwfarm, 01/05/2003