market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Software Ordering Wholesale

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Beth Spaugh <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Software Ordering Wholesale
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 10:54:59 -0400

locallygrown.net has a great back-end.  It allows wholesale and retail pricing.  It really shines if you do collaborative marketing with other farmers. It breaks out sales per grower and emails them a list.  Does all the what customer gets what from who and what grower gets paid how much.  Works best with items that have a standard price, i.e. ground beef, vs chicken breasts that vary in price.  As the software person it is easy to edit the orders with the final item price, but you need that info, so best if it is your own product or the other producers are good at getting the info to you evening before delivery.  Software charge is 3% of sales (no charge for sales to other growers), plus I think 1/2% if you use the credit card integration through Stripe.  We tried Stripe but had so many customers losing/replacing cards or cards reaching expiration date that we have gone to just using Square at delivery.