market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farm transition ideas?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <jbmckillip AT mesanetworks.net>
  • To: "Aaron Brower" <aaronbrower AT yahoo.com>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farm transition ideas?
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 18:20:38 -0700

Aaron,

  I'd like to thank you for that link.  I'm a woman farmer on a micro farm (5 acres in a very high cost land area with large populations)  where I'm trying to transition from my regular job to a market grower job.  I started my small market farm in 2009.  I've since added a raw milk share, pastured eggs, bee hives and spring seedling sales.  I believe in me, I've been able to break even but I keep up with my regular job in order to keep funding projects on my farm.  I know that I can make my farm more profitable with a few more inputs, which all cost money of course!  My  husband has a real job that runs our household and I run the farm independent of our household budget and my off farm job provides for the new projects, like my milk machine, my portable chicken coop, etc.  I really need to invest in just a few more slightly higher cost projects before I can quit my job.  A low cost loan would put me in business like yesterday!  So thanks for sharing.

Barb
Colorado
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mountain-View-Meadows-Farm/243200264526?ref=hl
www.mountainviewmeadowsfarm.com