market-farming - [Market-farming] Moving the Small Farm?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Far Out Gardens <faroutgarden AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Moving the Small Farm?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 06:55:52 -0600

We are moving a to a new location in Colorado about 371 miles away over 2
high mountain passes….about an 7-8 hour drive. Our farm is small, we have a
small 1964 IH tractor, 2 plows, plastic mulch layer, mowers, tiller, hoes,
wheelbarrows, wagons, harvesting containers and on and on as well as all the
household goods.

Any suggestions on how to move in an economical fashion. I confirmed with my
insurance agent that neither household nor vehicle insurance will cover the
goods in transit. The new property does not have any barns or outbuildings
(other than a large high tunnel greenhouse, oh boy oh boy), so I was thinking
of buying a shipping container and arranging for someone to haul it. Any
other ideas?

Sheila
Far Out Gardens