market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Kohlrabi Cracking

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Kohlrabi Cracking
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 13:03:09 -0400

I think you're right.  Kossack is marketed as a large variety and most of the cracked ones are between baseball and softball size.  Although some small ones are cracked also.  The plants were set out in August and have had fairly uniform moisture - either rain or irrigation since being transplanted.

Andy