market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sweet potato transplant problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thomas P Hurtgen <hurtgenmeadows AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sweet potato transplant problem
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:36:26 -0400

Thanks much -- will check with supplier.  HOWEVER, just made a 4:30 am cruise through our 2.5 acres.  Saw at least one and maybe two foxes in the sweat potato patch.  In checking the other parts of the farm saw either two more or the same two. (To be the same two, they would have had to follow me around.)  This also explains a good sized spray leak on drip tape at the edge of the the sweat potatoes.  It still seems odd that the whole field would almost instantly look the same -- yes, a "burned" look.  The roots on about 95+% looked very healthy in the beginning.  By the way, the entire farm is surrounded with chicken wire and 7-foot deer fence.  Now to learn more about the habits of a fox and methods of control.  (Our daughter thinks she saw a fox last Friday as she was leaving the packing shed.)  Tom