market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] coolbot door

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] coolbot door
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 20:02:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am needing to build a walk-in cooler for our production. It won't be very big, but I am sure it will be more efficient than running multiple fridges.  It would serve as a cooler in the summer and a root cellar in the winter.   My problem is I have no outside buildings to put it in.  We have a 3/4 finished and 1/4 unfinished walk-out basement.  We also have a storage room that I could possible build it in, but my better half doesn't like the idea.  Even with the A/C unit on the outside wall.

So, could I build a separate space outside and frame it up like a small shed? I also know where I could buy, at a cheap price, an old box truck or a shipping container.  Would it make sense to built it in either one of these?  A small shed would look nicer, but probably would be more expensive.

Where are your coolers located?

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com