market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Insect Pressure

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Barking Cat Farm <barkingcatfarm AT mindspring.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Insect Pressure
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:01:27 -0500

Yes, here in NE TX we are seeing heavy insect pressure, so far mostly
caterpillars and aphids. We didn't have much of a winter, Spring was warm and
brought lots of rain, and apparently summer is here as of last week (neato!).
Already seeing spotted cucumber beetles, leaf hoppers, and the start of the
grasshoppers. This is all field crops, our first HT is in the works. Can
hardly wait to see what new insect challenges that brings.

Laurie