market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tips for rapid strawberry planting?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tips for rapid strawberry planting?
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 09:54:19 -0400

If by a wedge bar you mean a tree planting bar or something similar, I use one to plant strawberries, and usually have quite a good survival rate.

I don't think my time runs under a minute per plant, though. That might be because I set and backfill the plants by hand, in order to make sure I get the depth right; and then water them in.