market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] taking the plunge

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] taking the plunge
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 13:04:24 -0500 (EST)

Nice to have a fellow "fledgling" in the group.  I did find a veritable treasure-trove of information this morning, courtesy of the Rodale Institute, called Certification Help (and Certification Archives).  It consists of questions asked by farmers going through the certification process, and it seems to be answered by inspectors and/or others very familiar with the NOP.  Some of the answers have provided more clarity in three sentences than I've previously been able to find in multiple pages of officialdom.  For anyone who's interested, that page can be found here:

Very helpful info as I prepare my documentation.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html