market-farming - [Market-farming] getting organic certification in Washington

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "eglatyne tds.net" <eglatyne AT tds.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] getting organic certification in Washington
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 08:15:11 -0800

Hello Kathryn, first I can help only with the vegetable certification as I don't have any animals. The Organic Agency(OG) is really helpful and it really isn't too difficult. Important thing is to keep receipts for all of your inputs to your crops as they check those. For pest management just tell them what you do, it's usually OK., They are want you to buy organic seed, and they prefer that it is sourced locally. They want you to give them your rotation schedule and they are requesting more information about crop production. This is to support the program for being organic. But the Wash. Tilth is usually really helpful.  So I hope this helps. Carol Thomas Sweet Briar

  • [Market-farming] getting organic certification in Washington, eglatyne tds.net, 02/20/2012