market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] sprayers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: charlie taplin <vthick43 AT gmail.com>
  • To: david purpura <davepurpura AT yahoo.com>, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] sprayers
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:16:55 -0500

Hi,
For the last 20 yrs. I have sprayed fish/seaweed on  about 20,000 acres(most are done 2x a
year). I use a tractor 1971 444 Int. with a 125 gal. tank & 28 ft. boom or a single nozzle
that sprays appox. 25 ft. more of a broadcast pattern. A 300gal. truck mounted sprayer
that does 50 ft., also a 4 wheeler with a 25 gal. single nozzle.
your C would work great with a 50 - 100 gal. boom sprayer. I use to rebuild old sprayers for
people so they could do their own as I could not keep up. I find it's better to buy a new
unit (TSC) has good ones and a good price. If you use a cast iron pump you need to
rinse it every time you use it. A silver impregnated roller pump is your best buy. I would
set up a 50 gal., but in order to tell you more I would need to know what you are going to
do in your gardens as nozzles are very important.
I have retired to my wife's families 230 yr. old farm, now diversified, but would be happy to give
anyone my knowledge on using foliar products (Neptunes Harvest products 20 yrs.)
I also experimented with others and make my own combo's for my farm.