market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] "Cool Truck"

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] "Cool Truck"
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 07:31:19 -0500

I think my point was that a DIY coolbot trailer would be easier and cheaper to build than converting a uninsulated box truck.  If someone had their heart set on a box truck, it would simply be easier to find a used insulated box and toss a coolbot in there.  I've been running a coolbot for three years after the compressor a HVAC guy put in seized up.  (because it was the wrong type of unit)  And I have been glad have a maintainence free system since.  I just wish the coolbot was a little more powerful bringing down temperature quickly (I added another window ac unit on the same coolbot).  On their website it says something about "if you only open the door 4-6 times a day". . . LOL.  I do think their energy saving calculator is sketchy. . . unless you have a perfectly insulated box and you don't open it.  Otherwise very happy with the system. . . not dogging it at all.

John