market-farming - [Market-farming] changes due to new USDA zoning map

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] changes due to new USDA zoning map
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:43:43 -0500 (EST)

I saw the below exclamation and sorta felt the same way.  I'm sure a lot of folks have gotten the new USDA maps and thought huh???  I was just wondering if anyone will be using the new maps to make plans, decisions, choose options, etc.  Or if it's really just a lot of noise that won't really directly affect folks.  After all, we all pretty much know what our local conditions are, even if those conditions have changed in the last 10 years.  So would a new map really make a huge difference in day to day lives?  Or is there some magic new thing the maps can do for us which I'm missing?  Just wondering if it's already old news.......
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA, where it's DANG warm out there (51F) for the last day of January
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html