market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato Spacing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Don Lareau <dlareau AT tds.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato Spacing
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 08:24:57 -0700

But is that including your pathways, I come up with 1.8, as we have them planted on 18" staggered, but that is just 'in the bed.' there are 15" pathways on either side too which would change the equation to 4.7.  But since that ground is compacted etc I am not sure how much root growth is happening there.

Do you do the same in the field?

We also plant in plastic so it is nice to have two rows per piece of plastic...
Don
Don Lareau
Zephyros Farm and Garden
11466 3725 Rd.