market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Now......GMO sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <alison.wiediger AT hart.kyschools.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Now......GMO sweet corn
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 18:05:28 +0000

OK, here’s the cynic in me.  EVERYONE would label it non-GMO, whether it was or not, if that was what the customer wanted.  Why do you think the vendor at our market labeled his unsprayed, but did not label or tell customers it was GMO?  Well, not EVERYONE, probably, but a lot. Then you get into regulatory oversight, and we all know what fun that was/is with the “O” label.

Best thing – know (and trust) your farmer.  Which doesn’t always work either, but it is a decent alternative for a lot of folks.

Alison Wiediger, AU Naturel Farm