market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Now......GMO sweet corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Now......GMO sweet corn
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:05:34 -0500

Regards to the list:

I am suspicious of corn with no worms. Not that I like the worms, but I figure if they will eat the corn, then it must be OK.

Marie in Missouri

As a consumer I buy my corn from my neighbor, but I also understand that if you simply stopped spraying all those acres with pesticides because it was Bt, that HAS to have some sort of positive impact...maybe not?  I honestly do not know.  I'd like to see a consumer that does not care about maggots in the ear of their corn...when I was a kid that was my job, break off the ears with the maggots in 'em before they wen't into the pot.