market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] short days/lettuce. was something...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] short days/lettuce. was something...
  • Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 07:02:40 -0700

When I was a poinsettia grower, short days, a key part of the growing process,  officially began around Sept 25th or there abouts. I don't know if this applies to lettuce. Around here we get our lettuce in by late August for fall harvest. In a hoophouse you can extend day with lighting. 40 watt bulbs spaced 4x4 feet. 2ft over plants... Bob.