market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Deer Repellent

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Deer Repellent
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:31:57 -0700

> I slopped some Liquid Fence on myself when I was mixing. Seems to
> work. The deer don't want to get within 100 yards of me. Neither does
> my dear wife!
>
> PHEW...I can smell it from here....
All the repellents are pretty nasty smelling. I've used the PlandSkydd
with some success. But ultimately had to break down and build the fence.
Plantskydd left a dark brown sticky residue on the plants, certainly not
to use on veggies for sale. More useful as a perimeter. It also is blood
meal based and can tend to bring in the bears....result...even worse