market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] deer repellent?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "John Pike" <jpike AT gloryroad.net>
  • To: <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] deer repellent?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:04:11 -0400

"Mac" your reply was very helpful and encouraging. Do you ever use anything (organic) to kill or suppress the weeds ?----- Original Message ----- From: "Mac" <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 12:22 PM

John, just a response on the shorting problem. Make sure you have a
hot energizer and the weeds won't be a problem. Each year there will
be a voltage loss on our front fence due to heavy grass load on the
west side of the pond, but pulling the fence out of the bent over grass
takes care of that. Even with the grass, our fence usually measures
over 3.5K. I try to keep 6-7K on the fence. - mac

Quoting John Pike <jpike AT gloryroad.net>:
Can you describe the fencing and particularly how you keep weeds from
shorting the fence.