market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] First frost date

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] First frost date
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 15:52:49 -0500

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:04:42PM -0500, Mike Rock wrote:
> Well, tonight we have a date with Mr. Frosty. Lots of plastic being
> spread to cover peppers and tomatoes and my favorite zinnias.

You are more than welcome to some of our warm air. Today, we are
having our 84th day above 100 deg; previous record was 69 days. Your
cool front is supposed to drop us down to the mid 90s in the coming
week. Too bad we can't figure out how to average things out better.
I'm looking forward to getting frozen out in another 2-3 months so I
can take a break.

central Texas.

--
Willie, ONWARD! Through the fog!
Debian3.1/GNU/Linux system uptime 84 days 7 hours 05 minutes