market-farming - [Market-farming] Interesting Tomato variety

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Interesting Tomato variety
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 09:47:39 -0700

  Ever notice how a heavy rain storm will crack all your tomatoes?. In the last 6 weeks my farm received 30" of rain
and my tomato field was under water at least 7 times. County agent says not to harvest because of possible manure
and sewage contamination from a far... I had trialed a new tomato called BHN 1009, about 1000 plants. Fruit average
6-10 ounces ripen dead red on the vine and remain rock hard with dark red interiors without the white "bones" as other
modern hybrids have. Fruit were very sweet like the cherry Sweet 100. They were the hottest selling tomato of all time
but what was interesting about them is that despite 30" of rain they never split. Yes they rotted of course but they never
split... One season is not a true test but you might give them a try for yourself... Bob
Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ...

Netscape.  Just the Net You Need.