market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] 'Late' Planting of fall/winter crops

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Owsley lucy <boulderbelt AT embarqmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] 'Late' Planting of fall/winter crops
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:51:34 -0400

We put sheets of greenhouse plastic that are no longer good enough to be used on the tunnels over the row covers before it snows/ices and can usually pull the plastic covered row covers off of the crops so we can harvest. Of course, it is best to have as much as possible in tunnels

The other thing you can do is carefully remove the snow/ice from the covers with your hands working from the middle of the covers outward. This can take up to 1 hour per 50' x 4' bed. But than everything takes a lot longer to do in winter.