market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor program...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: thamnophis AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] A Farmer's Opinion on NRCS and why its a poor program...
  • Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 07:26:40 -0400

Me too Joe and the impact on the locally grown food movement is measurable, which leads to healthier food sourcing for a lot of people around here. Add the NGO matching funds for the EBT program our market gets from Wholesome Wave and there is a ton of good food, sustainably grown, year-round,  being supplied to a lot of people and in this economy quite a few farmers are being helped by an enlarged marketplace.
I am a 30 plus year woodworker who has transitioned to full time farming over the last five years and this program is certainly helping me.
Better than giving the tax dollars to the Wall-Street banks that caused the eco collapse.
Todd Lister
Vesta Ga