market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] G: It does not have to be Farmall

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] G: It does not have to be Farmall
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 06:14:38 -0700

Another reason the G is converted: it is extremely light--1400 lb with the 62 cu. in. (10-12 hp) gas engine. Because of this, it also needs no power steering. There is no weight on the front end--one guy can pick up the front! Turning radius is 8.5 feet without brake applied and 6.5 feet with brake applied.

It is only good for seeding, light cultivation, and light discing. I don't know how one owner ran 8 Planet Jr's with his--mine has to work to climb the hill to the shop! New piston rings this winter should help.

Jim Corliss (Corvalis, OR) puts new diesel engines on them and resells them. I could not afford $6-8K, though. His number is (541) 753-8741.

Vern