market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Potato and Potato Beetle (Was: blister bugs?)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Sue Wells" <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Potato and Potato Beetle (Was: blister bugs?)
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 09:09:52 -0400

This also was the latest I have ever planted potatoes, and peas, and just everything. Yesterday was dry enough for me to go pick up the potato pieces that got washed away from our flash flood Friday. Replanted them and will see how they do. Such abnormal weather we all are having.  I am in a pretty good location.

Things could be a whole lot worse, though, these farmers that are being hit by tornadoes, and bad flooding from the Mississippi River, just can’t imagine how they are doing.

I hope everyone that is having horrible weather problems is doing ok.

Sue

Vermont