market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] BCS vs. Troy-bilt (was Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 100, Issue 16)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] BCS vs. Troy-bilt (was Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 100, Issue 16)
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 13:25:43 -0400

On May 11, 2011, at 1:15 PM, Richard Robinson wrote:

Fourth, at least for me (a used Horse vs. a new BCS), the BCS had much less vibration.

Well, BCS may have changed some things since approximately 1993 (though I think they're still advertising the unadjustable faster tine speed as pure advantage, which it isn't always; but I might be wrong. Or it may be adjustable on newer models.) Or Troybilt may have changed things. Or it may have been a difference in the specific models, or between new condition and used.

My recommendation, actually, is to find a place (or, if necessary, two places) that will let you actually run one of each, of the models you're considering buying, in soils similar to your own. Then it's possible to decide which one suits you better.