market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Quack grass remedies?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Quack grass remedies?
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 15:37:39 -0400

We are in the "cool" northeast. I solarized a quackgrass area for a month
or so last summer and it worked very well. The downside was that it really
baked the soil. Where the soil was very level we had excellent kill. Part
of it had been ridged and quackgrass in the valleys survived, as it did
around the edges of my plastic pieces (old greenhouse plastic.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and
geese

Wendell Berry

Moore Lappe