market-farming - [Market-farming] need help for water delivery

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Joan Vibert <joan AT windwalker-farm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] need help for water delivery
  • Date: Sun, 01 May 2011 10:54:24 -0500

Title: [Market-farming] need help for water delivery
Our new garden area, about 1 1/2 acres, is in a remote location (but the soil is great!).  It is very near to both of our ponds and we plan to pump water from a pond for irrigation.  Right now we are filling a 300 gallon plastic water tank and hauling it out to the garden and letting it gravity feed, which is very slow and frustrating.  Its fine for a single row of drip but we have way too many rows to deal with it this way.  My question is: is there a way without electricity to pressurize this tank to deliver water faster?  I’ve googled it but am not finding the right info – or at least I can’t understand it.

We have a good pump to bring the water out of the pond and into pvc pipes.  I just don’t want to have to listen to the pump run all of the time when I’m out there if I don’t have to.

Hoping someone has good guidance for us -

Joan
Windwalker Farm
Ottawa, KS