market-farming - [Market-farming] recommended printers?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Roots Farm <karen AT rootsfarm.info>
  • To: Market Farming Community Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] recommended printers?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 12:54:05 -0400

JUST after I choked and bought replacement inks here in Dominica for megabucks for my Canon MX700, the printer died.  Fixing it more expensive than buying new (immoral) and would require bringing back to U.S..  We use the printer for labels for our produce that sometimes get wet at market.  Does anyone have a recommended printer/scanner/copier model:
that comes with or can use waterproof inks (hopefully, sparingly) and
that maybe has separate cartridges for all colors (our logo uses up yellow and magenta way before cyan) and also for black  and
that seems sturdy/reliable with potential for a long life
that has reasonable print speeds
that is Mac compatible?

My previous Epson C-84 met all those qualifications -- except for long life.  Got caught by a CSS Counter Reset message that can't resolve.

Thanks and best wishes to all,

Karen

Roots Farm Organic Produce
Fruits, Roots, Vegetables & Herbs