market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] High Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Keith Morris <earthsurfing AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] High Tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 08:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

We just got high-tunnel funding through EQIP and are looking at a 30 X 96 Rolling Thunder.  I'd love to hear anyone's experience with these houses.  I really like Ed and Ledgewood- but am enthralled by the ability to roll a house right over crops already a few months going after harvesting tomatoes, peppers, etc. without having to clean and prep before replanting the house.

Also- I've heard that simply cleaning the sidewalls with a bucket loader, plow, or blower is sufficient, as it will let the roof slide, and you wont' need to shovel or rake the roof.  Any thoughts?

My sympathy to anyone who lost there houses with this recent heavy snow...

Best,
Keith

Keith Morris
Prospect Rock Permaculture
Design and Education for Ecological Culture
[ProspectRock.org]
P.O. Box 426
Jeffersonville, VT 05464
Keith AT ProspectRock.org
(802) 734-1129
PRP_Logo.jpg
"If we do not do the impossible, we shall be faced with the unthinkable."
Murray Bookchin (1921-2006)