market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] high Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] high Tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 09:06:53 -0400 (EDT)

Don't feel too behind-the-curve Vern, we do the same thing with the 2x4 posts to hold up the bows.  Clunky, but cheap and effective.  And to all those folks who are so diligent about sweeping off the snow, you've made my whole day.  For awhile I was the only one I know in our immediate circle who took the time to do that.  Makes me smile knowing I had brothers-and-sisters-in-arms in that regard, going out to sweep off the %$$#% roofs one more time.  But yes, we too are looking at ways to never sweep off another roofline.  Oh, just typing that sentence feels like such a luxury to look forward to.  I look forward to seeing "better answers."
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA
Ruminations - essays on the farming life at frogchorusfarm.com/weblog.html