market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] high Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Vern and Amy <vaspencer AT sisna.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] high Tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 05:55:53 -0700

Bill,
I hate to pigeon-hole myself, but since you asked, we reinforce our bows with poles or 2x4 posts. Very cheap, easy to get out of the way in the summer, and lets us use very cheap frames, even 1.5" or 2" PVC! With the PVC, I also put posts half-way up the sides at about a 45 degree angle as well. Not pretty or convenient, but it will hold a snow overnight until we can get out and clean it off.
I am dying to hear of better ways.

Vern