market-farming - [Market-farming] high Tunnels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <somersfarm AT dishmail.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] high Tunnels
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 07:43:10 -0400

Hi there,

During the last snow storm a few weeks ago we lost two 30 x 80 High Tunnels.  Such a devastating blow to our business!  We absolutely have to replace one of them this year in order to somewhat function.  I am wondering for those of you who live in high snow and high wind areas, where you purchased your high tunnels.  We were so diligent to clean the snow off the tops and sides throughout each snow storm, but the last storm was heavy wet snow that came overnight.  Thanks ahead for any help you can be.

Kathy Somers

Somers Family Farm

Barnet, VT  05821

visit us on www.facebook.com/somersfamilyfarmstand