market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Air Seeder -Homemade - Update

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dalew Farms" <dalew AT phonenet.ca>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Air Seeder -Homemade - Update
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 20:53:55 -0500

Just a bit of an update on my air seeder project. I built a second plate and used 3/64 drill bit (that was the smallest I had!) instead of a 5/64. When I used it, I couldn't really see any difference between the two! :( So far I've used them both for pelleted onions, and either one works good, and for raw onions, neither one really works at all uniformly.

Etienne had asked about pictures...On our website we do a weekly "blurb" for updating our customers, and we've put a couple pics of the seeder on there this week. http://www.dalewfarms.ca/the-dalew-blurb/ (For anyone reading this in the archives, that link will lead you to our farm, but it will probably have nothing to do with the air seeder I built!)

Now, you can't make fun of my carpentry skills! LOL I use the Joel Salatin carpentry philosophy when I'm doing projects......"good enough is perfect!"

Dave

Dalew Farms
Web: www.dalewfarms.ca
E-mail: dalew AT phonenet.ca