market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] mulching pathways

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] mulching pathways
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 10:03:50 -0500

We're changing from straw to landscape fabric this year.  On an annual basis it is slightly more expensive than buying straw.  Over 4 years of use, it is dramatically cheaper.  Especially if you factor in the labor of getting and spreading the straw.  Though I don't like solving an inherent problem of plastic mulch with more plastic.  But the summer crops do sooo much better on it.
John