market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Seeds from China

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mike Rock <mikerock AT mhtc.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Seeds from China
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 11:53:01 -0600

Last spring I was looking at the seed rack at a Farm and Fleet store in Monroe, WI. There were many, many seed packets that said the country of origin was Communist China. Sad. But the inventory of the store must be more than fifty percent from the same place. Kind of like Wally World, which when Sam ran it was a 'Made in America' store. Now... it is the killer of small town America.

End rant....

Mike :(

Leigh Hauter wrote:
Is anyone else getting e-mails from seed companies in China wanting to do business? I got an email from salesman with a real seed company down in Guangzhou Province (just inland from Hong Kong) That is actually set up to sell seeds to the US. Not my idea of where to buy