market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] snake gourd questions -- a few more clues

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Allan.Balliett" <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: thamnophis AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] snake gourd questions -- a few more clues
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 23:44:39 -0500

To do a lot of these Indian / Asian gourds right you really need to
trellis and that gets expensive. Still, its interesting to grow these
unique varieties. I also grew ridge gourd (luffa), bitter melon,
winter (fuzzy) melon and Tinda - another Indian gourd, bottle gourd
(which almost took over our entire garden).

Hi, Joe - I think "Long Growing Season" was mentioned. I interpreted that to mean a lot of days until your get fruit. Are you able to grow these 'gourds' out doors in your region? -Allan in WV