market-farming - [Market-farming] Hatfeild transplanters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Hatfeild transplanters
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 13:42:39 -0500

Noticed that people were talking about the Hatfeild transplanter.  My experience with them was very mixed, mostly because my soil is heavy clay.  It worked pretty good but fell apart after using it extensively for a year.  I also had to go back and cover the seed because the soil wouldn't do that by itself so doing it by hand was actually easier in my case.  Might work ok with sandier soil but if I had to do it over I wouldn't have bought it.  I'll have to check out the stand and plant.  With the Earthway I've not been totally satisfied with it either, its better than doing completely by hand but its far from trouble free, seems it always clogging or jamming.  I've done the soap trick, used oil and every other trick but I'm probably going to invest in a better planter when I get the money.

Mortgage Rates Hit 2.99%
If you owe under $729k you probably qualify for Gov't Refi Programs
SeeRefinanceRates.com