market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Grain Cleaner for Small Grains growers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Grain Cleaner for Small Grains growers
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:19:45 -0800

Not to change the subject completely...

I, too, own an F2 Gleaner.  It was built in 1978, is 2 wheel drive, has variable speed drive, a Diesel engine and a manual unloading auger.  Do any of your machines have a manual auger?  If so, have you had any trouble with the mating parts that drive the auger, where you swing it around?  I replaced one part, because we had trouble with it binding and slipping the drive belt.  It was better for awhile, but now the "new" part is wearing and the problem has come back to haunt us.  Although I like the machine for the most part, that problem is a real pain.  Suggestions?  You can respond offline, if you wish.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522