market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Chicken feed - growing grains for

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Chicken feed - growing grains for
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 18:25:03 EST

We are buying corn from our local Coop and they are higher than a broom, but they charged me $435 for two ton of corn about 71 bu 6.12 per bu, which figures about 11 cents a pound.  Doing your own grain for a few chickens, or any livestock unless you have the equipment to plant, cultivate, harvest, it would very expensive to start to do it.

Phil from Iowa