market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Food Safety bill becomes law

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Food Safety bill becomes law
  • Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 09:55:23 -0700

The language of the Tester Amendment states:

"Exempts businesses that have annual sales of less than $500,000 and
sell the majority of their products to
consumers, or to restaurants and retailers within the State or within
275 miles."

Note it doesn't single out any particular processing, etc. There have
been active mis-information campaigns concerning this bill, so I would
be skeptical about what I read/hear.

Joe