market-farming - [Market-farming] Tractor Turning Was: Farmall Super A

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Tom <tomsgardens AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tractor Turning Was: Farmall Super A
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:11:19 -0800 (PST)

The stomp-the-wheel brake technique can work especially well in the winter with a little bit of speed.  You haven't lived until you've gone sideways grinning like an idiot on a Ford 9N with the tire chains rattling and rear wheels spinning, trying to get a grip on the snowy pavement.  After a surprisingly long time they grab and off you go.  Being 16 years old likely had a lot to do with the fun factor.

You probably wouldn't want to try it on a John Deere A or the like.

Tom at Tom's Gardens
Cut Flowers & Veggies
Northern Lower Michigan