market-farming - [Market-farming] Black Turtle Beans - Success...more or less...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Black Turtle Beans - Success...more or less...
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:11:17 -0500

Video of our cleaning part of the first part of our black turtle beans.  We got about 2 to 300 pounds in the first batch.  They ran through the combine and if you do soybeans the only thing you need to change is the openings on your screens slightly, but if you do mind a little debris just run it as is.  They ran through the combine perfectly...I'll try to have that video up sometime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO_ObO3kRCA

If anyone is doing small grains and wants a seed cleaner this does an excellent job.  It is based on the Clipper 2B and uses the same screen AND modern bearings and chains that are easy to replace if needed.

Email me and I will be more than happy to provide contact information.  They have LOTS of grain and bean handling equipment.

Some of you may have remembered me asking about where to find a source for black turtle beans earlier this year.  This is the culmination of that inquiry.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855