market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Taking Credit Cards at Farmers Markets: iPod Touch/iPhon...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Taking Credit Cards at Farmers Markets: iPod Touch/iPhon...
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 10:29:01 EST

An iphone/ipod will not work in our area so don't believe it would do us any good, might work in our market but no signal out on the farm, we use Verizon.  We have an ATM machine in the market so that usually works really well but on an average market we will take a lot of checks, enough  to fill a couple of deposit slips on a weekly basis.

Recently in our area we have had a number of home invasions that was created by bad people who are using facebook to get information on people, people are getting hungry and cold, and twitter does work for networking with your chef's.  It has it's problem's as well.

Phil from Iowa.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Taking Credit Cards at Farmers Markets: iPod Touch/iPhon..., SaladG, 12/14/2010