market-farming - [Market-farming] Ground Preparation for 2011 Potatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Ground Preparation for 2011 Potatoes
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 08:20:07 -0500

I just uploaded a video of us prepping 5 acres for potatoes next year onto
youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWqh8OFgCdo

I've been slow to update anything on the digital side of our farm this busy
season so I am trying to catch up over the winter.

Today we are running the black beans through our combine now that cold temps
and freezing have dropped their moisture back down (weed issues and a 4" rain
fall after 20 weeks of almost zero rain did not help). I hope to have a
video of that as well.

For the time being you can see photos from the harvest of 2 acres by hand
here: http://gallery.me.com/thesw0rdofroland#100308

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio